In order to use your home computer as a workstation, you need the following:
- A compatible operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X
- Java installed
- A headset provided by Hoot Call
If you have problems with any of this setup, please bring your computer and your headset into the office.
Plug in your headset
Plug your headset into your computer. Is it plugged in? Good.
To install Java, use the links below to download the version of Java for you computer and run the installer.
Log in to Five9
Log in to Five 9 by going to:
Log in just as you would at the call center. On the second login window make sure that you select "Soft Phone" and enter the station ID provided to you.
Special Instructions for Mac Users
If you are using a Mac, the Agent software will not launch automatically when you click on "Agent". In order to run the agent software on a Mac you must follow these instructions:
- Click on "Agent", this will cause a file called "agent.jnlp" to be downloaded
- Go to your Downloads folder in the Finder and find the agent.jnlp file
- You can't double-click on the file to open it. Right-click (or control-click) on the file, choose "Open With" and pick "Java Web Start"
- When you receive a warning asking if you want to open the application, say "Yes"